Position: Part-time Youth Minister
Description of Setting: BMUMC is a small congregation in a community of approximately 5,000. The Mission of BMUMC is to ‘make disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the world.’ The appropriate person for this position will be compatible with that goal, be committed to the process of working with, and expanding, current youth involved in a weekly Wednesday evening program. The goal for this work is cultivate young disciples who can grow in personal faith and influence their community through mission and service.
Description of Position: The part time youth minister will work collaboratively with the Church Youth Council and Minister to organize the youth of the church (grades 4th through 12th grade; Middle and Senior High) for weekly Bible based /Life application study, participation/attendance in Sunday services, and activities of fellowship and community service.
Requirements of the Position:
15 hours per week with expectations to include but may not be limited to:
- · Up to 1 hour monthly, or as needed, meeting with either the church youth council or the Pastor
- · Wednesday evening for 3 hours
- · Sunday morning for 3 hours
- · Activities planned by the Youth Council will impose an addition time dedication
- · Make regular contact with youth members and their parents.
- · Organizational time per week
- · Attendance at committed two-week summer youth camp obligation
- A successful background check
- · It is the intent that this position would not be the sole leader of studies, but would organize such study and activities.
NOTE: BMUMC is a “Safe Sanctuary” setting and operates according to those guidelines.
Salary: $10.50/ per hour; annual $8,715/ approx. 830 hours per year.
Interested Persons should contact:
Dr. Marvin J. Hudson, Pastor
Barnard Memorial UMC
BMUMC is an equal opportunity employer. This position posted May 23, 2016 and open until position filled.