9/23/15

Church Celebrates Re-Designed District

Church members and leaders are cordially invited to attend several special events designed to celebrate and launch the brand new district structure and name.  The district is now, "Lake Country District" and encompasses most of southeast Oklahoma. It is under the current leadership of Rev. Larry Bauman as District Superintendent.  On Sunday, October 18th the following special events will take place at McAlester First United Methodist Church (located at  1501 S. 13th Street, McAlester, Oklahoma 74501, or at the Corner of MacArthur across from the Mike Deak Fields & Walking Track).

2:00 p.m. Superintendent's Reception for the Laity, hosted by the McAlester FUMC, United Methodist Women.  Note: If coming in a group, notify the church as to the number being brought.

2:30 p.m. Celebration of the Laity with Mr. Chuck Stewart, Oklahoma Conference Lay Leader, Mrs. Debra Davis, Lake Country District Lay Leader, and Pastor Larry Bauman, Lake Country District Superintendent.

4:00 p.m. Lake Country Celebration with Bishop Robert E. Hayes, Jr. presiding.   Bishop Robert E. Hayes Jr. is the episcopal leader for the Oklahoma Area of The United Methodist Church. As bishop, he presides over 530 churches in the Oklahoma Conference and almost 90 churches of the Oklahoma Indian Missionary Conference (OIMC).   Bishop Hayes says he felt called to preach at an early age. “When I was about 4 years old, I would pull up a chair to my father’s pulpit after church on Sundays and bang my hands on the pulpit, imitating my father. By the time I was 8, I was conducting elaborate funerals for deceased cats, birds, and other pets of friends. I preached my first sermon when I was 14. I’ve always felt like God wanted me to be a minister. It’s part of my life,” he said.

Oklahoma Bishop Robert Hayes, Jr.
  District Parsonage Open House after the conclusion of our District Celebration,  The District Superintendent, Rev. Larry Bauman, and spouse look forward to meeting and sharing a time for fellowship and celebration. Bauman notes: "Sheryl and I were surprised, humbled, and honored to be asked by Bishop Hayes to serve the people, churches, and pastors of the Ardmore District. My earlier experiences there have always had a special place in my heart. We very much look forward to renewing friendships in southern Oklahoma and making new ones. We ask for your prayers as we continue striving to grow in Christ, honor our Lord, serve God’s people, and reach new people for Christ." (http://www.okumc.org/newsdetail/114522)

Rev. Larry Bauman, District Superintendent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Map